CALIBRATION OF MEASURNG AND TESTING PARAMETERS
Reference standards available for calibration parameters
- Length (From mm to meters)
- Mass (Starting from 1g)
- Temperature (upto 1000 oC)
- Force (upto 100 Ton)
- Pressure (upto 8000psi)
CALIBRATED REFERENCE EQUIPMENT
Calibrated Equipment are used as reference for calibration
- Light meters
- Vernier calipers
- Dead weight tester (For Pressure gauges)
- Frequency Counter
- Tachometer (For RPM Count)
- Proving Rings (For Universal Testing Machine)
- Stage Micrometer/step wedge
- Welding Machine calibrator
CALIBRATION OF NDT EQUIPMENT
- Magnetic Yoke
- Ultrasonic Flaw Detector
- Eddy Current Flaw Detector
- Thickness Meter
- Radiographic viewer
- Surface Roughness Meter etc
Non- destructive Testing of Concrete
NCNDT has established a facility for the non-destructive testing of concrete structures. This facility is capable of following jobs:
- Testing of concrete structures for uniformity and compressive strength.
- Determination of defects in concrete (voids, cracks, etc.).
- Testing of concrete structures for changes in properties with time.
- Ultrasonic testing of concrete structures.
- Determination of location of steel bars in concrete structures.
NCNDT is also in the process of enhancing concrete testing facility with the cooperation of Planning Commission of Pakistan.
Advanced NDT Techniques
NCNDT is in the process of up-gradation of its facilities in order to gradually achieve self reliance in the pre-service and in-service inspections of Class 1, 2 & 3 welds in pipes and components of Power Plants and National Industrial Units.